Programs Offered to LHA ResidentsSupportive Living Services Program for Elders and Disabled Adults
The Lowell Housing Authority, in partnership with Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley, Inc., offers residents a unique umbrella of supportive services intended to provide a secure, safe and affordable lifestyle for our residents.
Our goals are to assist the elderly in maintaining their independence through on-site integrated individual and group services. These successful programs get elders out and participating with their peers, helping to reduce isolation and improve their overall life experiences.
- Health Aides
- Senior Aides
- Senior Companions
- Telephone Reassurance service
- On-Site meals services
- Meals on wheels
- Leadership training programs for tenant council officers and residents
- On-site beauty salon services
- Health Screenings, Blood Pressure Clinics, Exercise Programs
- Field Trips
- Holiday Parties and Events
- Bus services to shopping centers
Family Resource Program
- Counseling and Assistance to families in need
- After School Homework Program
- Parent Advisory Committees
- Rap Groups/Sessions
- Substance Abuse Services
- Community Development
- Assistance in filling out documents
- Interpretation Services
- Assistance in making phone calls, appointments, etc.
- GED/ESL Classes
- Fieldtrips/Family Outings
- Vocational/Employment Programs
The Lowell Housing Authority in partnership with Casey Family Services offer two supervised on-site drop-in centers that give kids the opportunity to play games, watch videos, draw and get help with their homework.
These programs have been successful in getting parents to participate along with their children in informational and recreational events.